Monday, September 22, 2008

Xbox 360: Illinois Requires Internet Cancellation for Games

(Information started on July 29th)


The following linked bill has been essentially passed into law in Illinois.  It is said that the base for the law goes back to an incident concerning Final Fantasy XI, however the law seems to apply to Xbox Live as well as PSU on 360 (as it also requires phone cancellation being integrated into Live).  I haven't heard much since it was passed, however surely Microsoft has some sort of comeback.  There is usually a grace period for violators of recently passed bills, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more out of this as that comes to a close.

Personally, I don't see much of a problem with phone cancellation as far as Microsoft goes.   At a certain point in time, I cancelled both Xbox Live and PSU in the same phone call.  It took all of four minutes from when I first dialed.  It would make perfect sense to have a cancel button integrated into Live, however I think most people blow the cancelling method out of proportion.

No comments: