Wednesday, April 2, 2008

PS2/PC: Dualshock 3 Next Week



The new PS3 controllers are currently shipping and will be available most places by next week. Those of you waiting for rumble (outside of Japan) will now be able to get it on the PS3 (in America at least, not sure on the other regions). They are going to retail for 55 USD. The battery life is said to be about as long as the Sixaxis. It should be noted that these (as with most accessories) aren't region specific, so you can import them if you can't wait.

Originally they didn't support rumble in older Playstation (1 and 2) games, but as of a firmware update late last year they do. You can view a list of PS3 games that will support it on launch at the link below. Apparently this isn't a full list, so don't be surprised if you feel a jolt in some other games. Newer games come with the above label.

Update: The Sixaxis is now discontinued.

Playstation Blog
Sixaxis Discontinued (care of Kotaku)

2 comments:

cApN said...

I wonder if the PC version will feel rumble. I know that my PSone controller doesnt do it for any of my PC games.

S-T-H said...

I guess it probably depends on the driver. I know there is a third party driver for the sixaxis (not sure if the dualshock rumble is supported yet), but I haven't tried it.

If I happen upon a dualshock 3 soon, I'll be sure to test it out.