Thursday, January 17, 2008

Podcast: PSU Community Podcast XX



PSU_Castor hosts this one solo with all the normal news and the common mystery track contest. It's available at Switchpod and iTunes.

As an aside, I was one of the users involved in that discussion on the pros and cons of the guild forum. I wasn't PM'd for a followup, but in due time I'll probably post something about it anyway. As the thread probably won't be going away any time soon, I feel some clarification might be necessary. For the present, however, I'll say that I do not dislike what has become of that portion of the community and feel that in many cases positive things have become of them. The rest I'll cover later.

Podcast at Switchpod
Discussion Thread

2 comments:

Castor said...

As an aside to your aside, S-T-H:

I actually decided not to send you a PM based on the nature of your posts - yours were mostly well thought out and had understood points on both sides, so I PM'd the posters who were totally against it 100% and were very vocal in their standpoint.

Hope it didn't come across as me saying all the people against it were stupid or the like, I was primarily just trying to find people who would be heavily for or heavily against, in either direction.

So no worries on the aside, and I apologize if it came across as me labeling you anti-guild or anything of the sort, that was not the intent.

S-T-H said...

Oh, that's alright. I didn't mean to make it seem like that, although honestly I wasn't sure what to think. I was considering asking you about that roundtable idea earlier, but didn't really have the time.

I'm generally pretty careful about what I say about teams, but I still think that some of my points could use a bit more explanation. I don't think that even the other BB players could fully understand where I was coming from, much less anyone just entering PSU.

I guess you'll know what I mean when I get around to it.